Blue Assessors

hifi

My wife had just picked up 4 blue assessors she told me they were rare & will not tell me how much rare cost!!!!! Anyway does anyone one have these little guys? Im looking to see what they like & how they behave in a reef tank. They were just added tonight & are hiding. One was out & kinda looked around then went back into hiding. I think there all in one spot hard to tell... Im told they are schooling fish.

promisetbg

They are very shy if not with the right tankmates. ORA aquacultures them. I have never heard they would school.

jmesmcm

Where are you located? My LFS had a bunch of them and they were $120 a piece, looked to be very cool fish. Was thinking about adding them to my tank.

hifi

My wife informed me they are not schooling!!! Oh well they are a cool fish but still hiding. JmesMcM Im located up in Canada we have a farly new lfs thats saltwater only & the owner really knows what he's doing!!! We are lucky to have him

cvetnich

I gave 40 bucks for the one I got it's very hardy but he stays hidden all the time in the live rock and only comes out to eat...

hifi

So far 2 will come out from time to time but its still early. They are not schooling ,but in small aggregations they will or can group (I shure hope so). Time will tell!!!!!

jawfish101

I'm pretty sure they can be kept in groups as long as they are added at the same time. They're very shy, though.
Good Luck

garnet13aj

wow! I've always wanted blue or yellow assessors, but I've never found them in a store...but I don't want to pay 120 bucks for them either :S But I think they are great looking fish. Good luck w/them.

hifi

Update on the group, they are doing well & are coming out & roaming the tank!! Three come out alot & one is still a bit shy. They eat well (kinda funny eating beside a orange shoulder cause of the size diffrence) & the large one is dominant. They keep together when out but will seperate & they are really cool to watch. They have a disstinctive swimming style thats really neat its almost twichy like. I have to admit Im glad my wife got them
so far a asset to my tank.

hifi

I tried to get pictures but I have a black backround & there dark blue. I will try lagain later!