blue coraline?

blayz77

ok so here is the deal, about 4 days ago or so i added some actinics lighting the blue lights. i also have an hqi light.
since ive added the blue lights i have noticed my rocks are getting covered in what looks like green or bright green coraline, a couple of the rocks i bought had some purple on them so i had somethign to compare to to make sure it wasnt slime or something.
well tonight unless my eyes are playing tricks on me i am seeing my rocks getting patches of blue coraline i guess. ive never heard of blue coraline cant find anythign about blue color coraline online.
what would you make of it im gonna be testing my waters soon here
no corals
couple fish
lots of rock
28g
and as of feb 28th my lvls were
mag - 1200
iodine/iodide/iodate - .01/.03
kh/alk - 13
calcium - 464/476
strontium - 10
ph - around 8
amonia/trates/trites - 0

blayz77

hmm well ive seen people say it can be blue although i have not seen a picture of it or in person. ive only seen purple and pink

flower

I have velvet red, pink and orange with purple and some small traces of lime green.

domsbuddy

I have nearly all lime green that I assume is coraline, (doesn't rub off / can't vacume it off / looks good ). Anyone know what determines the color of the coraline?

life~reefer

Originally Posted by domsbuddy
http:///forum/post/2977544
I have nearly all lime green that I assume is coraline, (doesn't rub off / can't vacume it off / looks good ). Anyone know what determines the color of the coraline?
I think it is where the rock originally came from.
EX: kingdom of tonga/figi/etc.

flower

I like the lime green. I am hoping that I can get it to spread. The red is dominate in my tank.

blayz77

awsome, i think its neat it can come in so many different colors.
green is very dominant in my tank its spreading fast, i just noticed some blue last night. i think it would be neat to have green and blue hehe

flower

The orange is so bright it glows, I am hoping it won't turn red later. My lime green kinda glowed but turned dark later on.

I want blue!
I have mostly red and purple but just noticed some bright orange coming in last week. I had a lot of lime green on some new rocks and it turned into red.

flower

Originally Posted by reefaholic33
http:///forum/post/2977749
I want blue!
I have mostly red and purple but just noticed some bright orange coming in last week. I had a lot of lime green on some new rocks and it turned into red.

Aww the Lime green turns red too!!!

anonome

I have seen blue....awesome. But, unfortunately I have mostly burgundy, pink, purple, some green, and one patch of orange. I have found that the burgundy, or red corraline is much more aggressive, and faster growing, and will overtake rocks very quickly. I have MH lighting now, but when I had just pc lighting I had much more purple and pinks. I think the lighting has a lot to do with the coloring, as well as what type of rock is in the tank. All of my figi rock is mostly purple, but my tonga tends to get the burgundy.

flower

I Have never had MH lighting and burgundy is still dominant.
I agree it that it is more aggressive and overtakes the other. All the live rock in my tank is Fiji.
The red is pretty but it looks so much like the dreaded cyano, that I don't like the color red. Silly but that is how I feel. Give me purple, blue, pink, orange anything but bare rock or red.

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/2977758
Aww the Lime green turns red too!!!

Yeah I know I was hoping it would stay green but it didn't, I guess it was like the first stages of coraline starting cause they were new rocks I had just added that were not in a tank for a year.

Originally Posted by domsbuddy
http:///forum/post/2978424
I've never seen the blue. Can anyone post some pictures?

+1 and whoever has it does it stay this color or change like my lime green did? If so I'm gonna try to find someone with it and try to get it to spread in my tank.