Blue Corals?

featherduster

Hello all :)
I am a newbie to this forum so I am sorry if I make any errors.
I just resently started adding some corals to my nano tank and wanted to try something that is blue. I know about blue mushrooms but I am looking for something a bit more out of the norm. Before I visit my LFS and see what they have I would like to do some research.

puffer32

They are under MH and T5, but do well under most lighting, problem is finding this coral, I have only seen them once, and now its in my tank. I believe only one other member on these boards has them. My lfs didn't even know what they were, found out here. You can ask your lfs if he can get them for you.

featherduster

I called my LFS and sadly they didn't have any in, but they said they have had them before, only about twice a year. I guess that one will just have to be a lucky chance buy. Very beautiful though. Looks like its doing well in your tank too.

bonebrake

There are blue variants of zoanthids, SPS, clams, mushrooms, ricordea, and xenia.
Most corals that are blue carry a high price tag.
:joy:

puffer32

Originally Posted by FeatherDuster
I called my LFS and sadly they didn't have any in, but they said they have had them before, only about twice a year. I guess that one will just have to be a lucky chance buy. Very beautiful though. Looks like its doing well in your tank too.
They are doing well, sorry your lfs doesn't have any, but its what i expected. As bonebrake said, blue is expensive, I would suggest a blue sea fan, but they don't do well, mine lasted afew months. Heres a pic of mine when i first got it.

How about some blue zoos like these, not that uncommon, your lfs can order some for you.

Can you tell i like blue too?
I think the zoos are your best bet, or a blue sponge? :notsure: