Blue Eye Tang???

cds0722

Does anyone know anything about a Blue Eye Tang? My lfs has one and i am thinking about buying it but want to know some info about it first.

fedukeford

ive never heard of one, do you have a picture, or can you find a picture of what it looks like, or at least close??

aquafox

I have what they call a "blue eye" kole tang. The eye is rimmed in blue instead of the usual yellow. If it is the same as what I have, they are fairly hardy for tangs but mine is definitely the tank bully. I would suggest that this needs to be the last fish you add. I actually added mine to a tank where he was the smallest tang (due to my neighbors tank crash - we didn't have anywhere else for him to go) and he killed my other yellow eye kole tang and bullied my much bigger yellow and naso tangs. All my fish make a wide path - I think you'll want to make sure you have a very large tank for him, even if he's small, so tank mates can give him plenty of room.....

angelsrock

it's not a color morph, just a different kind of tang. it has the same requirements as a yellow eyed tang aka kole tang.