Blue Hippo Food

tk

What's the best food for a blue hippo? He doesn't seem to want the flake or green seaweed that I have.
Thanks,
TK

am00re34

well the best food would be live plants. but in my experiance he will devour any plants your tank can substain unless you have a large tank w/ many plants. i feed mine green seaweed and flakes so i dont know what to tell you.
I also feed mine shrimp and krill on a weekly basis for a treat.

tk

Thanks! I'll just work with "him" with the seaweed and shrimp. I thought that those two should work. My yellow tang eats the stuff by the bale and I figured the blue would also. I'll be patient..
Thanks again,
Tom K

miaheatlvr

Yours in time should be readily avialable to eat just about all you provide it, mine even likes the pellets "Spectra" as well,, but brine shrimp soaked in vitachem, mysis shrimp, NORI, PRIME REEF, are his favorites.

I watched the LFS feed mine frozen brine and then I bought the same stuff, it also eats dried krill and algae sheets. I put plants in there for him to peck at too.

tk

Thanks Guys... They say, "Patience is a Virtue...!" He wate a bunch of seaweed sheet this am, and topped it off with a mouthfull of shrimp, so I guess we're on our way!!

Thanks again for your help,
Tom K