blue hippo tang???

wangotango

Originally Posted by goober_hunter
p.s. i cant afford to up grade this hobby is killing my pocket anyways..................

tell me about it
-Justin

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Soldier0117
A tang for $15 is great! I would get it in a heartbeat. Besides you can keep a tang in a smaller tank as long as you keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't become stressed. I have my Tang in a 15 right now and he is happy. But he is moving top a 55 really soon. Now I'll bet someone is going to say tangs can't be in 55s. Well they can, because a friend of mine with 25 years experience kept a blue tang in 55 and he lived for 13 YEARS!!! He was always happy and loved to be fed and watched. Thats proof that it can be done right there. Also tangs can get big but they will adapt to the size tank they are in to a degree. His tang didn't get that big because the tank was smaller but like I said he did just fine for 13 years.
P.S. The guy who did this used only a UGF, a few small pieces of live rock and didn't even protein skim!

Can it be done? Sure... do most die? yes.. How big was the Tang in his 55 for 13 years? Did it get anywhere near full (read normal) size?
Fish do not "adapt" to size. They are stunted and mal-nourished.