Blue jaw triger

gritchie2

just picked up a cool blue jaw triger for my 125 reef, after aclaimating him yesterday everything seemed cool, this morning with lights out he was just kinda laying in one spot i put some food in same thing. after lights on same thing. just sitting in same spot. water is good, all others in the tank doing good, is this normal for this fish??? should i be concerned.

gritchie2

just sitting there very still, eyes looking around kinda looks cool watching his eyes but worried about him, just added small bit of food, no intrest.

bigal0221

My Sargassum did the same thing hiding in the rocks and did not move for a couple of days, but I could walk by and watch his eyes follow you around everywhere. If you can spy on him from a distance it may be that he is moving around when he thinks no one is around. Good luck!

gritchie2

yea he was in a cave. in the same spot eyes watching you, he was in the same spot for about five hrs that i know of, just checked on him and he moved, i don't know where he must have a good hideing spot.

gritchie2

Time will tell, the cave he is in is the cave the cleaner shrimp hang out in just his head sticking out hopefully there are working on him.

aquaknight

Completely normal then. It takes a while for Xanthichthys triggers (Blue Jaws and Sargassums, to a lesser extent, Crosshatches, they adapt quicker). I did not see my Blue Jaw for almost 2 weeks before he adjusted to tank life.

gritchie2

i was in the back yard, came back in he was swimming, he saw me, went to the same spot and sat there what a trip it is like he is laying on the rock in a cave with his head sticking out. he must feel safe there.

windlasher

Originally Posted by gritchie2
http:///forum/post/3000990
i was in the back yard, came back in he was swimming, he saw me, went to the same spot and sat there what a trip it is like he is laying on the rock in a cave with his head sticking out. he must feel safe there.
maybe he's really a clown trigger and is hosting that spot..