blue jaw trigger (male)

phensway

i was wondering if anyone has one so they can give me some incite about them............. i know that the males are better lookin than the females................ do they really have a green tint on their fins??

grouperhead

They're a very mellow species. They are very pretty in their own right, but don't have the attention-grabbing beauty of a clown or other species. They are free swimmers, so the longer the tank, the better. They usually don't bother any tankmates, and some people have had success keeping them in reeftanks. Feed a varied diet of squid, krill, and other enriched frozen foods. Some may also eat clipped seaweed.

phensway

does it have a real green outline on its fins??? or is it just from the camera??? how agressive is it compared to others???

vik

It;s more yellow~~~~~ He's not agressive ,almost shy even. Hes awesome to watch!!

justchillin

Originally posted by phensway
how agressive is it compared to others???

bluejaws are probably the least aggressive of the triggers...

trigger16

True on the Niger Trigger. Just got a large one in my tank full of snails and hermits and he has not touched any of them. Though he has started to dig a little the substatrate.

sandman12

Yeha i just bought an awsome niger trigger. I got him for my new 135 gallon but its not done cycling so hes in my 30 reef he hasnt touched anything and i acually think my pepermint shrimp was cleaning him. He is black with some blue out line. I love this fish sooooo much.I would love to share a pick but my pics r too big.
if u want a pic e-mail me milkmanf12@aol.com

tony detroit

showyourphotos.com has a free downloadable resizer that I use. It might be show-your-photos, I'm not sure which one.