Blue Jaw trigger

deejeff442

mine dont touch anything except bitting my finger.
i have a banded shrimp,crabs and snails all are safe.

IMO 8-9 times out of 10 they will be fine in your reef. Also look at pink tails and niger triggers, I have both in my reef, never touched a thing. I love triggers! The chance was worth it to me.

b00st3d

I keep a Male Blue Jaw in my 150 and have zero problems with him touching any inverts. I had a female as well but I couldn't get her to eat so she didnt make it. :(

deejeff442

running in and out of the house today
this site has gone down the crapper as far as members being on it.
dont seem like there are too many people on here anymore.
funny about the trigger they are very bold i cant even scare him away to put the clip on the glass anymore.
awesome fish though i love him.
just gotta watch so he dont get me again it really didnt hurt as much as it made me jump.dont know if he just barely niped me ,i hope so cause if that was just a little nip i dont want to get a bite.

ninjamini

I had one for about 2 years. He definatly ate my shrimp and crabs. But my hermit and snails were fine.
He was a fish that had a lot of personality. A really cool one. But what a messy fish. When he would poop it would look like big turds breaking up in the water. It got everywhere. But if you have a good filter then no biggie.

kjr_trig

Bluejaws are unlikely to bother corals, but shrimp, crabs and other crustacean are hit or miss....Keep in mind they may be considered the least aggressive Trigger there is, but they are still Triggers, small fish and slow fish beware, especially from an adult....And yes an adult Bluejaw would certainly cause you to "yelp" in pain if they bit you, they have visable teeth.