Blue Line 40 HD-X

papaeph

The most painful thing is comming home and hearing your tunze auto top off beeping only to realize your main pump is dead.....just after a day of acclimating a brain coral and marble starfish.
I just spent two hours replacing my velocity T4, (died) with a Blueline HD55; and then once i turned it on, the pump was too powerful. (draining my sump and overflowing my display)
I'm so frustraed please :help:
I'm now thinking of exchanging the HD55 for the 40 HD-X..(the next model below the HD55) BlueLine HD pumps
T4 Velocity 1200gph 1" in and out (died)
55HD 1100gph -4ft max discharge 1" in and out (current)
40HD-X 1270gph -4 ft max discharge (future??)
I don't get it; the 55HD has less gph then my Velocity yet it's much more powerful...
How much gph should i have? 90 gallon display T'ed to a 30 gallon fuge, sump 15 or so (reef) with 2 maxi jets 1200
my overflow is drilled with 3/4 not allowing much flow to pass; this i'm stuck with. although i though of hiring someone to come by make it 1"...
What size pump should i order tomorrow??? Please anyone....i'm very desprate. :help:

dogstar

You could put a ball valve on the return line to slow the flow going to your tank and when you enlarge the drain then open the valve all the way.