blue lobster

blknght

we just added a blue lobster to our 35 gallon tank but he's acting crazy anytime anybody walks by the tank he charges the glass and knocks himself loopy any ideas?

tiffbritty

i wanted to get a blue lobsta but i was afraid that it would get my fish when they were sleeping. dont know what you can do about your lobsta but im sure he will settle down. put a sign up beware of attack lobsta,ha ha lots of luck let us know if he stops.:)

killafins

is it attacking in the same spot??? It may be a very territorial lobster and stuff... i dunno, retarded guess....

blknght

well the blue lobster is no more :( he rammed into the tank two days ago and cracked his shell and the hermits ate him

blknght

the hermits ate him but on a happier and sadder note our seahorses arrived today one made it alive the other was dead

killafins

man, what ronchy luck...
oh, careful with hermits and seahorses, the hermits like to grab the tails...

sammystingray

Seahorses aren't the best for newbies......you'll probably need a constant supply of LIVE food.....wild ponies won't eat dead food very often. They have no stomach (literally), and food goes right through them....a constant supply of live brine is a good idea. I am only assuming you guys are new by previous posts, so if you already know.....sorry. If not......low water movement, something for them to hang on, live food, NO fish other than mandarins or pipefish really, and seahorses are very sensitive to osmotic changes....I take about five hours to introduce them slowly to their new water. Seahorses are one of the most delicate creatures I have ever kept, and I doubt I would spend much on them due to their dismal survival rate.:( I know you didn't ask......just throwing out my experiences with seahorses. Tough to keep really.

blknght

well sammy the seahorse is doing pretty good other than eating our hermit crabs instead of the mysis shrimp unless she is eating on the sly but we have ours in with a royal gramma and a blue hamlet and they all get along fine and stick to their own space and don't chase each other around and there is always plenty of food to go around since we target feed each one separatley so we are doing pretty good

blknght

well sounds like you are a very mature 13 year old my email is blknght1@juno.com if you need any help i will offer anything my limited knowledge will help with you also might want to get the book the conscientious marine aquarist i just bought it and it helps alot especially since i am going to start a reef aquarium pretty soon to go with our fish only tank