Blue print on sump/refugm out there?

got two tanks, and I heard refugm/ or sump is better? I want one for my 75gl. reef but dont know anything about them! I dont even know if a sump or refugm are the same or what? They are expensive, so I was trying to see if there are any drawings or blueprints out there to help me realize what they actually DO! and how are they built? PRETTY PLEASE! :) Let me in your DATA for sump/refugm building.

krux

i can gelp you with some design tips. are you going to mount the fuge above the tank, below the tank, or beside the tank? also are you planning on running a skimmer, uv, calcium reactor, or other equipment?
lots of folks here can help ya i am sure but we need a little bit of an idea of how your setup will work physically... that is where you have room and how big of an area we are working with.
also, what kind of livestock do ya keep?

peanut1181

I might be able to help you out a little bit. Do a search for posts by my user name and you will find a diagram of a refugium/sump combo I made a while back. It worked very well for me and was relatively easy to construct. Hope it helps!
Peanut1181