blue reef chromis? good or bad..peaceful or mean?

addicted2

I have seen these for sale on this site and because they are blue and school I would like to get 3 or 4..anyone have these? any info on them would be appreciated before I put an order in. I really want a small school in my tank.

rbaldino

I have a green reef chromis, and he's pretty peaceful. I imagine the blues are quite similar.

travis89

My blue/green was quite aggressive towards other chromis but is peaceful towards other species.

rbrockm1

i had one and he tried to be a bully but the other fish wouldn't let him boss them around. they are usually peaceful

milomlo

Now u guys have the "blue" ones NOT the blue green right?
I am also looking at the blue ones. Any more experiances out there?

L

lauralinn

I wouldn't spend ANY money on the Blue Reef Chromis...I just bought 3 of them 2 weeks ago from everyone's favorite online LFS...and they were all dead within 4 days. They just dissappeared in the liverock, never to be seen again....and they seemed just fine (eating, swimming around openly). I will tell you they were absolutely adorable, and they ARE peaceful, and cheap..... but this site won't tell you that they are difficult to keep alive!! I've read it almost everywhere else, so buyer beware! I got them just because I wanted something "blue", but that wouldn't bully anyone else in the tank...all other blue chromis or damsels will be mean...add them last if you get any... but i don't have ANY confidence in the Blue Reef Chromis...and you won't be able to get your refund because they dissapear in the live rock, so you CAN'T scoop them out to return them for refund.. (gee, you can't tell i'm angry about this can you?? :mad: ) by the way, all my other fish & corals are just fine, so it's NOT my parameters, in case you're wondering!

curtis1158

I agree with Lauralinn 100%. Blue Reef Chromis, I have been told by experts, are very difficult to keep. Die quickly and expectantly. Love the look, though. I have three green chromis I bought at the same time as my blue reef. Green have been fine for 9 months. Blue dead in 1 month. Wish I had gotten the Blue Green Chromis though as I like the shade better. Good luck!

L

lauralinn

Originally Posted by curtis1158
I agree with Lauralinn 100%. Blue Reef Chromis, I have been told by experts, are very difficult to keep. Die quickly and expectantly. Love the look, though. I have three green chromis I bought at the same time as my blue reef. Green have been fine for 9 months. Blue dead in 1 month. Wish I had gotten the Blue Green Chromis though as I like the shade better. Good luck!
Thanks man,
by the way, I also have Green Chromis (just added one more separately, so now I have 3, and they are getting along fine)...I like these too...they look beautiful in contrast with purple coraline algae.