blue ribbon eel

usmcphilip

i just picked up my blue ribbon eel and been looking around and found alot of different info on this eel, some good some bad. my eel does not want to eat and i need some advice in what i can do make him eat. any info on this eels please e-mail me at usmc_baker@hotmail.com.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by usmcphilip
http:///forum/post/2511251
i just picked up my blue ribbon eel and been looking around and found alot of different info on this eel, some good some bad. my eel does not want to eat and i need some advice in what i can do make him eat. any info on this eels please e-mail me at usmc_baker@hotmail.com.
Sorry to be the bad news guy....A very good chance it will not make it...95% dont.....A species better left in the ocean....

R

regina13

These eels do not live long in home tanks. If they do eat they only last about a month. They have a servival rate below 5%

jtrzerocool

Try and PM Member007...I know that he had a BRE and he had his eating...He may be able to give you some good adise...

member007

I sent you an email. I wouldn't say they are impossible to keep. I would say they are a challenge and VERY time consuming! Good luck and keep your top covered at all times!

jonny

yes they can be kept but they are very very hard. we had one going at the lfs for awhile and then someone really wanted and they sold it. don't know what happened to it after that. they had both the blue and the juvi black. oddly enough the black was doing better but maybe its better to start at the juvi stage. anyways if hes with other fish and such he won't fight for food so you have to make it easy for him. very very easy. just gotta keep trying and trying.

kicjowinbeirut

Yeah, Ribbon eels are a challenge and a really big one, I had a blue one acouple years ago and a juve black and with a miracle they both lasted a year I hand fed them and they for whatever reason were really hardy before I purchased the one I made sure it ate at my lfs though. I'm sure I would've been able to keep them longer but I had to give them back because I had to move.

Beautiful eels.