Blue Spotted Ray

cdubbs

I just picked up a blue spotted ray for my tank. He is about a foot long with the tail. What is a good price for them? I paid $130 at the LFS. He was swimming around alot in the tank at the store but now he is kind of just hanging out in the corner, i guess hes just getting use to it. ill get some tank pics up soon.

sharkguy22

Mine I had for about 6 months. The female I had was very aggresive and was very healthy. There were no problems with eating or anything, last week I was gone for 2 days and it got very hot , the air wasnt on then she died. Sad time. I gother becuase she was eating like crazy in the store and looked healthy. good luck

cdubbs

OK thanks everyone. Pics coming in about an hour. Mine hasnt eaten in my tank yet, i tried krill, and now am going to try silversides..It looks like either my coral catshark or SFE might have nipped at him, should they wind up getting along..they seem fine now but at night when the lights are out and they are all active it must have happened..Its nothing bad right now, i just hope they get along..
One more question....My tank is much cloudier now because of all the disturbed sand from the ray...anyone else have this problem.

fishnerd

Originally Posted by requiem
i can buy them for $35 :)
They transship for about $25 (landed) and you need a BIG LFS to be able to buy in that volume.
They are nototiously hard to keep.