Blue spotted shrimp goby?

reef fool

I picked up this little guy a while ago and can't seem to find an exact ID on him. Does anyone have one or know exactly what type of goby he is? He likes to hang out in a burrow with my pistol shrimp and he likes meaty foods from what I can figure.

tsl

Looks more like a jawfish than a goby. I have never seen that particular variety. Very attractive fish. Where did he come from?

I second the notion of a blue spotted jawfish. How much did you pay for it? Around here they are in excess of $100.

blueface

Definitely a blue spot jaw. I have one just like it! I only paid $49.00 for mine from a LFS. He is a very cool fish I think mine watches me more than I watch him.

jawfishray

What a great fish! I could have a whole tank setup just highlight them! Without a doubt more character and interaction then the majority of "look at me" delicate eaters. that you find amoung the various fishes out there.
:)
Ray

reef fool

OK....Jawfish it is!:happy: I paid $50 for him at my LFS. I took him right in the wholesaler bag. I saw it and had to have one. What foods does yours like to eat waterfaller1?

blueface

I've found mine to eat anything that floats past his lair. He's not picky at all. He even eats flakes & pellets. The only complaint I have is he likes to use my hermits to add to his lair. He doesn't even care if the shells are empty. He just piles them up. I've lost at least 1/2 a dozen hermits this way. I think he wedges them together so tight they can't move. have you seen yours using shells? I also have a pistol but they are not friends. I heard the pistol snapping a few days ago & went to check it out. I saw him snapping at "spot". Spot was expelling water from his mouth pushing the pistol away. It only took 3 times & the pistol gave up.