Blue stripe on my clownfish

I hope someone can help me with a question about tomato clownfish coloration. I have two tomatos, one red with a white strip.
The other is light orange around the head,fins, and tail. Brownish in the middle of the body with a dark stripe. It has a blue, white stripe behind the eyes. Both fish are young at two inches.
Is it common for tomatoes to be orange, and have the bluish white stripe?
It sorta looks like a blue stripe clownfish that saltwaterfish.com sells, but without the second blue stripe. Thanx.

oceandude

First time I have ever heard of this. I might have to try to research this one.
OK, this is kinda out there but being in the Pomacentridae family, I wonder if it's possible that there could be a slight gene mutation involved. I know it sounds like foolspeak, (love this word...got it from a cool dude named Joe), but i wonder if it's possible...Hm.
Research time for me

loopy101

I had a cin clown that had a blueish white stripe while the other one had just a white stripe. it is a beautiful color to a beautiful fish. while reading on the ORA website about different clowns. i dont recall which clown i was reading about off hand but it said the blueish stripe will fade to a while stripe as the fish ages.. so according to what i read the blue stripe wont stay permonent.

Originally Posted by loopy101
http:///forum/post/3151032
I had a cin clown that had a blueish white stripe while the other one had just a white stripe. it is a beautiful color to a beautiful fish. while reading on the ORA website about different clowns. i dont recall which clown i was reading about off hand but it said the blueish stripe will fade to a while stripe as the fish ages.. so according to what i read the blue stripe wont stay permonent.
That would be ashame if it did fade. Maybe I can give him a recharge by letting it eat some plutonium. LOL

Originally Posted by oceandude
http:///forum/post/3150999
First time I have ever heard of this. I might have to try to research this one.
OK, this is kinda out there but being in the Pomacentridae family, I wonder if it's possible that there could be a slight gene mutation involved. I know it sounds like foolspeak, (love this word...got it from a cool dude named Joe), but i wonder if it's possible...Hm.
Research time for me

Hey, people are making glowing animals with genes now. Maybe my LFS got his clowns from some research laboratory. Hopefully not from Japanese waters. Seeing as how they have accidental radioactive leaks in the ocean at least once a year. I don't want my clown to turn Godzilla on me.

In case anyone is interested. I have a small fish picture refrence book from 1995 that has some clown information. It mentions that a G.R. Allen in 1972 published a book of excellent descriptions of Amphiprion-clownfish species. It dosn't give a name though.