Blue tang bahvaior

saltn00b

I have been doing this hobby for a while, but just recently acquired my first tang. a juvenile hippo tang about 2" long. one month quarantine with Hypo (he had ick) and 2 weeks in the tank or so. He seems to get tired. he will swim for a few minutes, and then go back to the birds nest he sleeps in and lay down and sleep, sometimes even at a downward angle. but if i go to the glass , or a few minutes later unprovoked. he will come back out and swim around like normal.
so is this normal tang behavior? or is something wrong with him, and he might not last?
i try to feed him homemade food 3-4 times a week (flake in between) , and some nori once every two weeks or so. He grazes with the rabbit fish on alot of the algae that i already have.

mrdc

I've heard that smaller ones take time to become really acclimated to their new living conditions but that is just what I have heard. Mine was shy at first but he was bigger when I bought him. He did like to sleep sideways though which I found to be so strange. He eventually outgrew that area and started sleeping normally in the cave. I think it took him about a month to really act like a normal fish meaning that it became a free swimmer and quit being so shy everytime I walked up to the tank. Just my observation.

saltn00b

i feel like this guy is not shy at all. in fact the opposite.
He does not show fear of the other fish in the tank, he swims close to them, and he comes out of the coral when I get close to the tank like he is excited for some food.
it just seems like he gets tired. he will swim for a minute or two and then go and rest for a minute or two.