Blue Tang: New additions

hopkins6

I was so happy to see him eating the first time I put food in the tank. It took my yellow tang a couple days to start eating.

jayc

Awesome new addition! Blue tangs are one of my fav. fish!!! Nice coralline algea too!!
Josh

hopkins6

I'm in Winston-Salem, nc. I feed my fish brine and mysid shrimp. Along with brown Algae on a clip every other day.

jayc

Hey Hopkins, can u tell me about your system. Like what all equitment, lights, pumps, etc. you have on your 75? I'm thinking about buying a 75 with a mega overflow, and wanted to know what your using.
Josh

reefiness

ya in the first picture it looks like its 1-2". it looks awsome though. i have one that is about 6 inches. its in a 90 gallon tank along with a purplr tang and sailfin tang.

jer4916

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE and I mean LOVE blue tangs,...only problem is they tend to get ich easily....so yeah...im very shy on buying another one....but hopefully yours does well!....your tank looks great!
keep up the good work
"
~Chris

reefiness

the best way to keep the ich off the blue tang is get a good uv steriziler. i got a 25watt gamma sterilizer once my blue tang got its first case of ich and i was told a way to make the ich live in the free swimming form was to raise the temp up to 82 and also add garlic to help out with the ich that stayed on the fish,
but being that im confusing my self ill make a long stary short and after i got my uv my blue tang hasnt gotten ich yet. its been about 6 months

miked0523

I would feed your tangs seaweed every day regal blue tangs can get head and lateral line erosion if they do not get enough greens you could also try formula 2 and forget the brine it has no nutritional value . Just a suggestion from experiance. great fish but can be tricky to keep.

who dey

omega one supper veggie flakes. make sure your tangs food contains spirulina

also clip seaweed one day a week