Blue Throat Trigger, "reef safe" triggers?

kpk

Anyone have a trigger in their reef? I really like the blue jaws and they are said to be one of the only reef safe triggers along with crosshatch, pink tail, etc.
Any pics? Info? Anything?
Thanks,
Kyle

kpk

Yeah I saw murphs on -- it is a nice pinktail too. Anyone have pics?
Justin (murph) where's the pics?

vcreefer26

I have 3 triggers in my reef tank and they do not bother any of my corals or inverts at all. I have 1 niger and 2 blue throats. There is also the crosshatch and the sargassum triggers which are reef safe also.

ninjamini

I have a blue throat in my reef that is about 6-7 in. Je does not bother the corals. I want to add a shrimp to see what he does but I dont want to send it to its death.

dina12

I have a blue jaw and a niger in my reef tank. They do not mess with the corals but both of them like to move things in the tank. Everything needs to be really secure.

saltn00b

triggers dont bother the corals, but how many of these 'reef safe' triggers bother your clean up crew?

mzangelzs

Salt that is a very good question. I had a niger that would pick up my hermits and throw them against the side of the tank at night, it drove me crazy but he didn't kill any that I know of. It was like he was playing catch, as soon as they would drop he would pick them up and do it again!

overload?

I added a clown trigger to my reef and it doesn't seem to bother any of the corals or inverts, but I keep him well fed. The only fish I see picking at anything is my lemonpeel angel, but I think he is just eating the algae.