Blue Throat Trigger!

scott79

Are these triggers reef safe? i have heard some yes, and some no. Anyone have any experience with them in a reef tank??

bruner54

they are one of the most reef safe triggers but you might get one that might not be im picking mine up friday i cant wait

jaymz

mine has been reef safe so far , just keep them fed and they will leave your inverts alone.. I have yet to try a shrimp tho,

srfisher17

Originally Posted by scott79
http:///forum/post/2751921
Are these triggers reef safe? i have heard some yes, and some no. Anyone have any experience with them in a reef tank??
I think the answer is in your question: "some yes, and some no".

tdog7879

I have one in a mix reef with shrimp and i have seen her nip once and a while at my brown zoas but noo damage to them. She has been in there for about 2 1/2 months.

grouperhead

I know two people that have had bluejaws in their reefs for a long time now without any problems. All fish are different though, so you may get one who doesn't fit the norm. Sargassum and pinktails tend to be reefsafe as well, and crosshatches too if you have the dough.

grubsnaek

i recently got one that was about 3" big. what should i be feeding this thing, i am not an amateur. i usually do my home work first, but this thing was in great shape and the price was even better. so i pulled the plug. agian what should i be feeding this.

R

rcreations

Triggers eat pretty much anything you put in the tank. A variety is best. Feed the trigger whatever you feed your other fish and also offer from time to time sliversides, krill, raw shrimp, squid, clams. They're some of the least picky fish around but to be healthy they need some of the chunkier food I mentioned.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by RCreations
http:///forum/post/2774826
Triggers eat pretty much anything you put in the tank. A variety is best. Feed the trigger whatever you feed your other fish and also offer from time to time sliversides, krill, raw shrimp, squid, clams. They're some of the least picky fish around but to be healthy they need some of the chunkier food I mentioned.
.......and some vitamins, like Selcon.