Blue Wilderness dog food

olemiss

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_f...uct=2292&cat=8
Do any of ya'll use this? I switched my dogs to it about a week ago after reading their previous brand was essentially garbage. They like the food but they now have the most potent gas. i never knew an odor of this magnitude existed that could linger for all of time. Two seventy pound dobermans can now clear out a section of the house without even moving. Anyone else use this food- experiences?

petjunkie

Did you do a gradual switch? Going from grain filled food to rich food quickly can be hard on dogs, it usually takes a couple months to see whether or not a food will work for your dog. I haven't tried Blue, mine eat Taste of the Wild, we did Solid Gold for 3 months when I couldn't get it and although a good food it didn't agree with their systems.

small triggers

I have 2 small dogs, and feed them ORIJENS (one of my mini schnauzers is alergic to EVERYTHING!!! so this is the best brand i have tried other than doing a BARF[Bones And Raw Food for anyone who doesnt know] diet which is SOOO expensive) DO a check and see if you are getting what you pay for, see if the food is USDA grade and if there manufacturing facility is USDA cert. Most dog food companys are not since they feed dogs the 'leftovers' after a food processing plant has had its way... Pedigree as an example is like what $12 for a 30lb bag,,,,, that would be why... where as Orijens is $12 for a 5lb bag alll usda grade meat and made in a usda cert facility!

halamaya

I've never used it but looks quite rich. I like Holistic Selects Lamb formula, has a good amount of glucosamine in it. My Lab just turned 6, used to use Innova Evo red meat, and California Natural lamb and rice. Check to see what the first ingredientsare in your dogs food. 50 bucks for a 30lb bag here, but you don't have to feed them as much.

lovethesea

I can't help you, but thanks for the good laugh!!

I do know the smell though..my sis in law has 2 large dogs that can generally clear a room every now and then.

bender77

The gas should get better as their body adjusts. It may take a month or so though. We to Taste of the Wild here but I have fed Wilderness before and the dogs did well on it.

btldreef

If you went from a grain "garbage" food to a rich food, they're going to stink. Especially if you didn't do a gradual mix in. Think about if you ate frozen dinners for a year and then went to prime steaks and steamed veggies, if that makes sense.
A gradual mix, start with 1/3 of the new stuff mixed in for about 10 days, then 2/3 for 10 days, then a full switch. This usually works best, although it may need to be slightly adjusted depending on how each individual dog handles the transition.
If they stink, you need to do a gradual change of you could really screw up their stomachs.
By the way, what you switched to is a great food, as well as Solid Gold. (I was raised in a house that bred dogs)