Bonding Acrylic

sal t. nutz

What else can be used for acrylic other than weld-on type glue? Anything that can be purchased at HD or Lowes? Epoxy or something? I need to fill a small crack in my overflow, not hold a tank together, so I would think that anything that will adhere to acrylic would do. Has anyone ever used silicone or epoxy on acrylic?

mr . salty

I used superglue gel before.My overflow was also cracked at a seam,and the superglue has held for three years...
You could also try aquarium safe silicone...Or get adhesive specially designed for bonding acylic.It is clear and real runny like superglue...

surfnturf

You can use pvc cement, depending on how much of a gap you want to fill, you might want to use the heavy duty stuff. I would use a little clear pvc cleaner on the seam to soften it a little before using the glue. HTH

n2deep

I would look in the phone book under plastic and buy some weld on Acrylic cement #16. If you use this you will have no worries. If you need me to send u some drop me a reply.

sal t. nutz

I can order Weld-on, I just don't want to wait for it. I have PVC cement, I think I will use that. The overflow leaks a tiny bit at the seam where it meets the bottom of the tank. It is a very slow leak, and low pressue, not to mention that it will be under 6 inches of sand, so the looks of the seam won't matter. I am going to try it. It prob wouldn't even leak through the 6 inches of sugar sized sand, the grains would prob clog the hole, so this seems like a good solution.

krusk

Salt T
it's worth the wait.
You have done so much work into the tank. It does hurt to wait for few more days to get the correct material.
With that 300G, I would wait.
PVC cement does not bond very well between arcylic to arcylic.
Silicon can not be use to bond arcylic.
HappyReefing