Borrowed a dig. cam!!

armlocker

Thanks cowfish, i was playing with macro mode as you can see the tail is in focus but the head is not, not much room for error eh lol. Honestly the 2 pieces i added tonite add a lot to the tank i wish i could take some more pics.

armlocker

Skimmer is a seaclone 100 (despite all the negative press it works fine on my tank) I have replaced the air valve with a brass one and shortened the intake tube and added an airstone so it works quite well. I do have an emperor 400 running full time with carbon and for circulation. :jumping:

armlocker

Thanks guys, i'll try to get the cam again soon for the new zoos and my first clam which i need an ID for. :happy:

calylove

armlocker- i have the seaclone 150 and am having trouble getting it set right. Works for awhile and then not etc.. Did you shorten the air intake tube or something else? Where did you put the airstone and brass valve?
Thanks for any info.

armlocker

It comes with a cheesy plastic air valve at the end of the airhose that goes into the powerhead. I popped it off and put a brass valve on instead for better control. The intake tube i shortened is the U-tube going from the powerhead over the tank to the bottom of the skimmer, i cut it so the intake of the powerhead would be as close to the water suface ass possible without drawing air. The airstone sits at the bottom of the skimmer in the centre, just drill ahole in the collector cup cap and run a line through it with a stone right doen the middle of the cylinder to the bottom. All these mod ideas came from this board and have worked well for me. Good luck!

calylove

armlocker thanks for the reply, but im confused i thought the powerhead is supposed to be 3-4 inches below the surface? Also did you just remove the black sponge altogether? I follow how to get the airstone into the bottom but what does that do? What is the other end of the hose connected to? And the brass valve replaces that clear plastic thing at the end of the hose right where it connects to the powerhead? Again thanks for the help I just want to be sure I understand.:notsure: