bottled water?

You would want the distilled. What is really best is RO water....you can usually get it at the LFS for 25-50 cents a gallon. That is cheaper than distilled from the grocery store but a little less convenient. Also factor in that everytime I go to the LFS I buy other things...I figure the RO costs more in the long run with the extra purchases. HTH

ruaround

IMO you shouldnt use any type of bottled water!!!
Distilled could contain copper, and drinking~or~ spring water only has the chlorine filtered out.

bradburycf

I agree w/ Heavenly. RO water from the lfs is the best/worst deal going. I can NEVER leave w/o buying something else. :rolleyes:

you can find RO, RO/DI, water in any grocery store. Just make sure you read the label. It will say, "processed by reverse osmosis",or the same that has been run through a deionizer. I bought my own RO/DI unit from spectrapure. I never have to leave the house to get water.
Distilled is a bad idea. While it is germ free, it has a high concentration of copper, as this is the conduit used to do this. Remember pictures of stills in the country. They use copper tubing to run a still. This is the same process that is used in distilled water.
Hope this helps!!

nacl-h2o

Most distilled water these days is NOT condensed in copper pipes as it was years ago and most distilled water will have no copper at all in it. If your conserned about copper, test for it. I use Wal-Mart distilled and Food Lion distilled nieiher has copper.

njdiver

Dan,
Thanks for the post on this. I read the thread this morning and had a panic attack as I pretty much used all bottled distilled water in my tank. Going home tonight to check for copper just to be sure though.
_Scott

hearn

Hey steamboat, can u give more info on the ro/di unit you bought, price, ease of use, web site where I can read on it maybe.

I bought a SpectraPure 4 stage RO/DI. You just hook it to your garden hose and turn the water on. You can get all the info on it at <a href="http://www.spectrapure.com" target="_blank">www.spectrapure.com</a> , but you can probably find better prices than what they sell it for. I bought mine through <a href="http://www.***********.com." target="_blank">www.***********.com.</a>
I have never had trouble with it, and everything that comes out of it tests 0. When I bought mine they were about $169.00, I believe that they are now $189.00. You may shop around and find a better price. Good luck!!