bottom dwelling aggressives?

fixed

Can anyone suggest some bottom dwelling aggressives for a 150 with triggers and a puffer? My wife nixed the idea of an eel -- said too snake looking. I assume sharks are out. I'm out of ideas. Anything? Thanks.

jr2857

rays are bottom dwelling but should not be kept with triggers and/or puffers. eels are the only ones i can think of

walleye

you could go with a sea goblin or a crocodile fish or astone fish depends on what kind you like. hope this helps.

saltfan

This may sound off the wall, but the spotted grouper is a bottom dweller 90% of the time. He only comes up for food.

jonny bolt

This may sound like somewhat of a surprise, but I have a Decorated Goby in my semi-agressive with a Puffah, Lion, and some other fish, and it holds its own. This Goby is somewhat rare, around here anyway, dont see many people with them. And it is tough bastid lol. My friend also has one. They are rabid suckers, and will willingly and forcefully snatch big pieces krill from my Puffah and the Lion. They are by no means timid, and are definitely carnivores that love meat. Even if they hafta steal it from a fish you'd think would be much "tougher" in the tank.And as you would expect, its a plus cuz he helps keep the sand clean.
BTW, my friend tried to put a Lawnmower Blenny in the tank with the Decorated Goby, and the Blenny last less than a month. The Goby was just too aggressive and the bottom of the tank was already "his" lol.

psusocr1

anglers should be hept in a species only tank or theyw ill eat all your fish, evan the ones that are to big for them

jr2857

Originally Posted by psusocr1
anglers should be hept in a species only tank or theyw ill eat all your fish, evan the ones that are to big for them
i'll add to that. the first pic on the photo contest is an angler eating and even bigger than is powder brown tang

tome

A toad fish, they are aggressive and posionous so no one will give it any crap. The only thing i'm not sure of is if it will come up for feed or if you have to use a feeding stick. Either way it is a really cool fish!

aw2

Keep in mind that Triggers and Puffers both have a habit of picking/nipping/chewing on bottom dwelling fish...especially slow moving ones.

mihifisi

Red Coris Wrasse, Mine stays in the sand. I do mean IN the sand most of the time. Very colorful. Very moody fish!!!

cartman101

Originally Posted by AW2
Keep in mind that Triggers and Puffers both have a habit of picking/nipping/chewing on bottom dwelling fish...especially slow moving ones.
Good point. But I think it depends on what fish you go with and their personalitys

aw2

Originally Posted by mihifisi
Red Coris Wrasse, Mine stays in the sand. I do mean IN the sand most of the time. Very colorful. Very moody fish!!!

Red Coris Wrasse are not bottom dwelling species and if yours stays in the sand all the time, there's something wrong with it.
Red Coris are an extremely active species and are also tempermental, often times being downright aggressive.
Originally Posted by Cartman101

Good point. But I think it depends on what fish you go with and their personalitys
You cannot "teach" a fish not to do what instinct tells it to. It doesnt depend on personality either. Things may be fine for a while...maybe even a few years...but sooner or later, that instinct is going to come out when you least expect it.