bought 75 gallon sump/rufugium

p&jsmom

hi everyone i need some help please i bought a 75 gallon sump/refugium with wet dry with skimmer.. this is my first attempt at a sump and i have no idea how to hook it up ...it all came in a complete kit including everything except the hosing to hook it up with....all accessories include: skimmer, lights, bioballs,bulkhead which said it was half and inch and ended up being 1" ...return pump, skimmer pump, and overflow (prefilter)
the dimensions are 20" (length) 8" (width) x 12" (height)
refugium is 15 gallons and 635 gallons per hour.... can anyone help please there were no instructions with the stuff and i have no idea where to begin...thanks everyone

p&jsmom

sorry i cant seem to get the pic to go through i had to resize it and now it wont let me attach it or insert it either one,,, ill keep trying to get it in....anyways the items are California Aquarium,,,, the skimmer is 100/150 turbo vortex,,,, the pumps are 1400 and 1800....

sign guy

cool. first throw every thing under your stand and see how much hose youll need You will probably need 1 inch id flex hose and .75 id flex for the return

p&jsmom

everything seems to have different sizes on the end and the main problem im having is fitting everything in... do both pumps go on the inside of sump the skimmer doesnt want to fit in there if you put both pumps in there... sorry if this sounds dumb i dont have a clue what to do

p&jsmom

thanks i was curious about that part ok another question the bulk head is 1" what would you suggest to get to hook that together to the overflow??is that right it does hook to the overflow??

sign guy

Originally Posted by p&jsmom
everything seems to have different sizes on the end and the main problem im having is fitting everything in... do both pumps go on the inside of sump the skimmer doesnt want to fit in there if you put both pumps in there... sorry if this sounds dumb i dont have a clue what to do
can the skimmer be used as a hang on?
yes the pumps go in the sump
did you get any loc line for the return?

sign guy

thanks i was curious about that part ok another question the bulk head is 1" what would you suggest to get to hook that together to the overflow??is that right it does hook to the overflow??
what bulk head?

p&jsmom

it has a 1" bulk head made into the top part of the tank it has like a section of square glass and the bulkhead is screwed into it

p&jsmom

no loc line for return,,, and yes the skimmer can be used as a hang on im kindly affraid of that part is there any way that can over flow or back flow or anything if there was a power outage?? ok and about the pumps there too big to fit in the sump on the end where the bulk head is under it is bioballs and the center part is the refuguium and the other end is where the pumps are suppose to go,, which if the skimmer is put on the outside they will both fit i think...

sign guy

it has a 1" bulk head made into the top part of the tank it has like a section of square glass and the bulkhead is screwed into it
yes that is where the overflow conects to the sump

sign guy

no a fuge is great but if you had no plans for that area I was gonna sujest placing the skimmer there. I would not worry about the skimmer over flowing and use it as a hang on the side of your sump

p&jsmom

ok thanks im going to try it my dad just went out and picked up some pvc and some fittings going to try it and see what happens,, ill update and let ya know what happens.... im hoping for the best and no leaks anywheres......thanks for all your help