Bought a Nanocube12....

drrty

I"m making the change from freshwater to saltwater tomorrow. I'm picking up a Nanocube 12 that is already active (is that even the right term?) with small coral, a seabae anemone (spelling?), and a tiny shrimp.....I'm reading a lot of different threads on here with a boat load of different abbreviations. I have a grasp of the whole need for water testing, and I understand it is necessary to monitor bioload with fish/live rocks.
We are bringing the Nano home, approx. 6 miles, in my truck. The seller said we can empty half the water into a bucket, transport the Nano, then put the water back in when I get home. Is this correct?
Also, I am understanding that this size of Nano is suitable for no more than 3 small fish and a small amount of live rock. Is that correct?
Anything else that is critical that I need to know before I start in on this?

drrty

No fish in it at this time....
So do not leave any of the stock in the Nano for the drive either?

mie

Take it out and place it in the containers like i stated above, just leave the sand in it.

drrty

ok...dumb question...I just searched and didn't find anything about it....when I reach in to remove/re-place the stock, do I need to wash my hands first or anything?

lexluethar

You can wear gloves if you want - some people suggest it. I would just make sure you don't have anything on your hands, cleaning supplies, soaps, cologne, things like that, and you should be fine.