bought some live rock

and look what I got... I have two pictures for your sorry they are not more clear but I can tell you what the look like...
-It looks like coranline algae but with tubes comming out of it, and during the day (when my lights are on) these little guys pop out they have a white base and 6 flouresant green tenticals... in the attached pictures I have an arrow going to closed ones and I have an arrow going to open ones...

I should prolly sell this rock becuase I dont have the lights to support them and I would hate for them to die... even though they look good and come out during the day and get big and thats all I really know about them....
4 12,000K PC
2 7,500k acintic PC

well to be 100% honest I dont want to get new lights, at first I did, but I have a nano reef tank at my fathers house and I really wanted to just have a fish tank. I would not have got this rock if I new these were on there, I feel pretty bad...

jaymz

That is definatly star polyp.. i have it growing just fine under PC lighting.
Nice catch
When i first got mine. they took about 3 days to open. Makes sure there is some flow rolling over the top of them.

OH COOL! my water flow is medium throught the tank. I think I have one spot in the tank that doesnt have current and It actually comes to use for me. all the poop in the tank collects to right in that spot so an easy clean up :)

jaymz

how are these doing kevin? i like my gsp, they look so good when they fill in like a thick carpet