Bought some peppermint shrimp today keep you posted

ebob954

Hi there. I bought 3 peppermint shrimp today to take care of some aptisia. iI will let you know how it goes i hope they do their job

ebob954

I think some little ones are missing. theres one big one but it doesnt look as big as it used to its kinda shrivled. I thought they only eat aptisia everytime i feed my fish they seem to all come out im not sure if there eating the food. I hope they do there job.

caz2022

Originally Posted by ebob954
http:///forum/post/2973083
I think some little ones are missing. theres one big one but it doesnt look as big as it used to its kinda shrivled. I thought they only eat aptisia everytime i feed my fish they seem to all come out im not sure if there eating the food. I hope they do there job.
They're amazing scavangers not to mention they hide extremely well. They'll eat any left over food. If you don't notice the aptasia starting to disappear try skipping a few feedings so they have nothing else.

florida joe

They are hit and miss on aptasia BUT when you get one that does like to eat them, they do a great job

marine8412

I had some aptasia so I bought 2 peppermint and to my surprised got 5. Mine ate all in 2 days. They are VERY Active fellas always hanging out on rocks and running around when they see me next to the tank (55Q).
Have not seen an aptasia yet...so I make sure they get some food. They LUV shrimp! One of my smallest buddies up with my sea serpant and seems to come out togther to feed

gooch

I have a tank right now with no fish in it but a bunch of live rock with a lot of aptasia. I bought 3 peppermints to put them in and 2 of them disappeared, one of them died. I am not seeing any of the aptasia dead and it's been about 4 days or so and still havent seen the other peppermint shrimps.. I am assuming they died as well. The tank is very young but there isnt any bioload in there but there is all liverock and livesand. I have a turbo snail and a couple of hermit crabs in there and they seem to be doing fine, this is a half filled 72 gallon BTW.
I am leaving it half filled till I get a new trim for the top since my center brace broke.