Bought this eel...sulfur head or leopard?

nigerbang

Originally Posted by fishfry
No, I know nothing. I was told they are very aggressive and will grow 3 feet long...thats about it. Do you know anything about them?
The Fimbriated Moray is an exotic and active eel. It is aggressive and should not be kept with small fish. This eel needs a large home to accommodate its adult size.
The Yellowhead Moray Eel, Dark-spotted Eel, or Fimbriated Moray Eel is like most other, being a hardy animal that likes holes to hide in and eats live, meaty foods. This species is commonly seen and will only grow only up to 30".
The Yellowhead Moray Eel, Dark-spotted Eel, or Fimbriated Moray Eel is easy to keep. Most eels are very hardy and readily eat all kinds of live and meaty foods.
Feed all kinds of live fish and meaty foods. Use a poker if necessary at first to place the food right in front of their mouth. Don't worry if it doesn't eat for a while at first, they can go for several weeks without food (and often do).
Yellowhead Moray Eel, Dark-spotted Eel, or Fimbriated Moray Eel are found in the Indo-Pacific.
Can be considered a community fish as long as the tankmates are not small enough to eat!
Normal temperatures for marine fish is between 74 and 79 degrees Fahrenheit
Yellowhead Moray Eel, Dark-spotted Eel, or Fimbriated Moray Eel adults can grow to 80cm (32 inches)
A minimum 60 gallon aquarium is recommended
Will generally stay in the bottom of the aquarium. Will find a cave or crawl under a rock and spend most of their time there with only their heads sticking out.
Theres a tad of info

gman08016

Well that first pick of the ell was mine.what do you want to know.It is a Yellow Head Moray.Yes Very aggressive and eats alot.Thats what there suppose to do.And he was over 3 feet long hope this helps