bowing

reef noob

i have a new 135.
i filled it up yesterday and it bows about a centimeter in the middle.
big deal or no?
the tank has been set up the same way for several years

groupergenius

Originally Posted by reef noob
http:///forum/post/2732707
i have a new 135.
i filled it up yesterday and it bows about a centimeter in the middle.
big deal or no?
the tank has been set up the same way for several years
Kinda confused?? You say it's a new tank..but it has been set up for years??
Glass or acrylic?

brandan

Wow. I figured a tank of that size with only 1/2" glass, that it would have some cross bracing. That would be why it is bowing obviously. Was the bracing cut out of this before you purchased it?

salt210

I personally would look into some cross bracing just for peace of mind. I already have the thought of a seam failure in the back of my mind I wouldn't need that too

salt210

I am not good at making things so I would buy one myself. Im sure that someone on here can tell you the best way to make one if you don't want to buy one.

acrylic51

By the looks of the pic doesn't appear there ever was a cross brace.....You might be able to contact AGA or someone and see if they have replacement top trim of some sort or you could remove the trim yourself and clean all the silicone off of that area really well and get glass cut and eurobrace the tank which would handle the bowing.....Honestly 1/2 glass isn't skimpy for a tank that size....but should definitely cross brace, it, but IMHO shouldn't be bowing....What's the height of the tank?

brandan

AGA and Marineland will both sell you replacement trim. If you do get one make sure you get the EXACT dimensions of the tank. Any package over 48" gets charged for an "oversize" package, so be prepared to pay more in shipping than you do for the trim. Perfecto is locally here in Indianapolis, so I have picked up parts at the factory.

reef noob

Originally Posted by acrylic51
http:///forum/post/2735157
By the looks of the pic doesn't appear there ever was a cross brace.....You might be able to contact AGA or someone and see if they have replacement top trim of some sort or you could remove the trim yourself and clean all the silicone off of that area really well and get glass cut and eurobrace the tank which would handle the bowing.....Honestly 1/2 glass isn't skimpy for a tank that size....but should definitely cross brace, it, but IMHO shouldn't be bowing....What's the height of the tank?
the tank is 72x18x24
i have a long clamp i could stick on till i can get a brace?