Boxing Crab/ Aptaisia

rsd

I have a boxing crab who has gotten HUGE (at least for a boxing crab). When I bought him he only had 1 anenomie in his claws. The other claw has been empty for the most part... although he tried to replace the missing anenomie with: xenia polyp (3 days), yellow polyp (6 months), small sponge (1 week), etc. etc.
About 6 months ago I bought some calerpa for my sump and as it turns out it had alot of aptaisia with it. Never became a problem till a big one got sucked ito the pump to the tank.
I have removed tha vast majority until the past 6 weeks when they seem to be popping up everywhere.
Last night I notice my boxer crab had an aptaisia in one of his claws!!!! The bas#### has been the culprit to the current explosion. He won't succomb to a crab trap.
Good thing I added 3 berghia's to the tank. I guess he will keep alot of food available for them.
Anyone else ever see this?

zotl

I am firmly convinved that no good thing has ever come from a boxer crab. It's like having a 2 year old with scissors and glue swimming around in your tank randomly cutting and pasting.

R

rogeta

I am firmly convinved that no good thing has ever come from a boxer crab. It's like having a 2 year old with scissors and glue swimming around in your tank randomly cutting and pasting.
That has to be one of the funniest things ever...lol. Good luck with the crab! Sounds like an experience.