boxing crab or pom pom crab?

S

sawtydog

I recently purchased a boxing crab he is about the size of my pinky finger tip, put him in tank on LR and i haven't seen him since its been 2day. will he ever come out in the open?

spanko

Very rarely. Shut off you pumps, feed the tank and he may show himself. They are rather reclusive but you will see them from time to time.

S

sawtydog

oh by the way alix2.0 i took your advice on a prevous post i put on the board about the thing growing on my LR and purchased 3 peppermint shrimp with the boxing crab

rc1626

When I want to see mine I have to go find him. Flashlight in hand checking behind the rock work through the sides of the tank. And still most of the time I can't find him. Rarely does he show himself and when he sees you he's gone hiding again. Wish they were more bold cause they are really cool looking.
Rob

S

sawtydog

whooo hooo i seen him
heres a pic look at the dark spot on top of rock and go down about an inch

rc1626

Tough to see sawtydog but I think I see him. Here is a pic of mine from a few months ago. First time I ever saw him. Didn't even know I had him until that time. Hitchhiker freebie!

Rob

S

sawtydog

my camera is old sorry for the poor pic. got home from work this morning and i think he has made that spot his permanent home
he is still there. new cam will be the next on the list after the long long list for the tank
rc1626 i wish i could get that lucky