bragging board!!!!

granny

OK, from an old fishkeeper. At my last address in Va. Beach where I lived from 1981 to 1996, when I moved and had to break all my tanks down (had about 10 or 12-cant remember exactly)
I had one TIlapia for 8years-finally put him in a pond at Animal Jungle where he proceeded to eat their Koi-
I had two Frontosas for about the same time.
In my salt tank, the Flame Hawk, Maroon Clown, Royal Gramma and Flame Angel had all been in there for at least 12-13 years. That tank also had multiple anemones that were multiplying like crazy. The Va. Beach Marine Science Museum came and took all my salt tanks down and kep some of the livestock-most went into their personal tanks!!
I neve kept any tangs,-OH< forgot my Marine Beta-he was 5-6 years old.
This tank was a 90 gallon with over 10o lbs of Florida live rock, a 20 gal homemade wet/dry with BIOBALLS, yes BIOBALLS. I never checked NItrates after the initial cycle, just did weekly water changes, fed a wide variety of food and only had a few fish in ech of my tanks(the tilapia was by himself) I bred South American ciclids, had a wide assorment of cats, including a zebra pleco, which now are extremely rare.
Actually the pleco in one of my freshwater tanks was probably around 15 years old.

misfit

Originally Posted by toughguy80
I got a blue damsel.. 1st tank and 1st fish in it, going on 6 years and counting. I always plan on catching him and returning him to the fish store. But then he looks at me with those beady black eyes and I remember all the things he's been through(several itch out breaks, tank crashes, 3 tank upgrades, a 2 hour move, and general newby mistakes), and I know I'll never get rid of him. The little buggers kinda grown on me I guess

We have one of those too!!! He is years old but not aggressive.He cycled our first tank before we knew better.He got pop eye-we nursed him back to health but he lost the eye.We now call him oneeye
Lives fine without it.

sleasia

well my blue face angel I have had for 8 months....well Iguess I have been saying that for a few months now, so probably by now for a year... My two yellow chromis and my one blue green chromis for two years....My naso tang, my three yellow tangs and my 4 percula clowns for 8months or so.

dvst8r

MOBY
IM DEFINTELY NOT A MATH MAJOR OR FOR THAT MATTER EVEN VERY SMART BUT IF YOU BOUGHT A BLUE RING IN 92 AND HES BEEN ALIVE WITH YOU FOR ALMOST 13 MONTHS THAT WOULD MEAN THAT YOURE LIVING SOMEWHERE IN 1994 SO START UP THE DELORREAN AND HEAD ON HOME

guitar

My snowflake eel is shortly coming up on two years. Also my first damsel was 1.5 before i decided to give him to the lfs and they sold him. Im sure hes somewhere else beating up someone elses fish now.

M

microlady

Yellowtail damsel for 6 years. I cycled my tank with him and he has been moved 3 times!! My yellow tang is almost 4 years old. :joy:

K

kimc

I've had my female Ocellaris for 2 1/2 years =made it though 2 hurricane seasons!!!

moby

IM DEFINTELY NOT A MATH MAJOR OR FOR THAT MATTER EVEN VERY SMART BUT IF YOU BOUGHT A BLUE RING IN 92 AND HES BEEN ALIVE WITH YOU FOR ALMOST 13 MONTHS THAT WOULD MEAN THAT YOURE LIVING SOMEWHERE IN 1994 SO START UP THE DELORREAN AND HEAD ON HOME
LOL! I'm living in the past! Its h*ll when your glory days are behind you.

Besides my flux capacitor is broken!
Moby

nofish4u!!

My sister had 2 mated pair clowns for 12 years.... YES 12 years. She was moving and so she gave them to me (biggest mistake). I was putting Melafix in my tank and accidently doubled the dose.... I KILLED THEM AFTER HAVING THEM FOR 2 WEEKS

omgsaltwat

Originally Posted by coachKLM
so far 13 yrs ... it's a yellow tailed damsel and i still have it.....
....in my backyard

:hilarious

sea worthy

Originally Posted by unleashed
silver scat going on 5 yrs. one of my first fish i purchased for my tank
:notsure: Is that in a brakish water tank?

unleashed

Originally Posted by sea worthy
:notsure: Is that in a brakish water tank?

no hes kept in full sw.silver scats are only brackish as juveniles as adults they move to full sw