Brain dead?

jjgl

My brain coral has been shriveled up for about 10 days now. Is it dead? How do you know if its dead? Please help.

bigarn

Where is it located in the tank? What lighting is it under? Do you see any skeleton showing at all? :D

jjgl

It is located on my sandbed. I have 260 watts of pc on a 55g. Im not sure about the skeleton but its still greenish purple color butit very hard. Like a rock.

bigarn

Try moving it to another location on the sandbed. If it's in medium flow area move it to a low flow area, or if it's in a low flow, move it to a medium flow area. I don't think it's dead. :D

bizzle

I had the same problen with my brain. I also have 260 w of pc and I moved miine to the top of the tank with a low flow. It looks awsome now. It even comes out during the day occasionally.

mbowker

I mpved the green brain to another section of the tank and it shriveled up and looked like a solid green rock. I thought it was dead. I gave it more time and moved it back to its original place and it opened up up beautifully again. Try moving it and it will work

X

xnikki118x

I agree--if you move the brain, I think it will come back just fine. :) In the meantime, make sure your water quality is pristine and that nothing's picking at it. I'm sure it'll be back in no time.