brain splitting

sharkbait9

Short story. I bought the brain(pic below) from my buddy at his whole shop) for 10 bucks since it came in with a cracked skeleton. The brain has been in my show tank for about 1.5 year before it started to swell up and make a complete split. I took the second split (2 inch round) and placed it my other tank. 2 years now its grown lice and big 5x3 and its starting to split again. This time it looks like its splitting into three section. The base original was just a round skeleton but its splitting into three.
I can not find any real info on the habits of brains splitting like this and the frequency that its splitting.
Anyone have this before or see this down? For lack of better words is it possible for this brain to think it needs to keep splitting? Water parms are good sal 1.27 trates 10-15ppm cal 450 with ca reactor temp never above 80* 0 amonnia 0 trites everything else is on target also.
Doesn’t get picked on, just sat in the back of the tank with good light exposure eats silver sides and krill and mysiss like a pig.
Hard to believe by some I’m sure but I’m a little up set that its splitting. The mother is nice and big, she’s about 6 long and 4 wide sitting on top. But this one stopped growing and is in mid split.
on the one pic you can see it just sitting in the back just doing what coral do. I noticed it looked a bit wierd about three weeks ago now so i started to look around and read but nothing talked about what is going with the brain now.

petjunkie

I have a couple that do that, none have fully split yet but one lobo has made four heads from two and the other is lobing off like yours is. I don't mind on the first but the second kinda looks like yours and I 'd rather it stay one piece.

sharkbait9

Thats what i would like also, is to just stay one big show piece. I don't know if im doing something to promote it to do this am i feeding more then i should? Just weird that this one is trying to split. Do they just split are they supposed to split?