Brand new to this - are these fish OK?

nigerbang

As far as Damsels I have no beef...I have never had a terrible one....But along with other things...not pointed at you "My brother kept a YT in a 29 for years", "You can keep anem with reg. lighting" Things of that nature...Clowns are part of the Damselfish family..

rbaldino

Originally Posted by NigerBang
As far as Damsels I have no beef...I have never had a terrible one....But along with other things...not pointed at you "My brother kept a YT in a 29 for years", "You can keep anem with reg. lighting" Things of that nature...Clowns are part of the Damselfish family..
There's definitely a lot of bad advice on this site, and definitely people that mistake fish getting by in improper conditions as evidence that you can throw out all the usual rules. At the same time, though, there are a lot of people who seem to believe that some things should never, ever be done despite the fact that many others have had very different, positive experiences. No matter what, people should always do the appropriate research, get all the advice they can, and not be afraid to try things for themselves if they reasonably think it can work out.

jasony

what type of play sand did u get?
i know there are lots of opinions on this but i too used play sand ( i grabbed the cheapest stuff from home depot for 3 dollars per 50lbs)
my tank looks fine with it and all parameters are fine.. im happy with my 3 dollar choice.

reefiness

ok well i see your trying to get a good stock list with both very active, and slow fish...
well here is what i would get
2 true percula clownish
3 blue/green reef chromis
1 royal gramma
1 flame hawk fish
that gives you red, orange, purple, yellow, and blue/green color wise.
and as far as the activity as i saw u were saying, the chromis are the most active, the royal gramma and the clownfish will be moderately active, and the flame hawk fish will bounce from rock to rock throughout the day.