Brand of Salt

shel

Hey Everyone,
I am wondering what brand of salt everyone useing? Also, can you switch brands just like that. I have really good luck with what I am using, but I can only buy it in 15-20 lb bags. The lfs sells a diffrent brand in a 5 gallon bucket fo $50.00. I would like it in a bucket better, but like I said before I hav had really good luck.
Thx
Shel

seapig

My LFS dude sold me on Kent Marine salt.....said its made by instant ocean and basically them same stuff. I swithed from IO to the kent with no problems and its alittle cheaper

lytic

I use instant ocean, but im just curious...whats up with morton brand? why the caution?
never even heard of it, but cant be too careful

xpltd1

Hey lytic, the Morton's comment was a joke. That's the kind you put in your salt shaker...lol

nm reef

Ya mean using Mortons is wrong....hmmmmmmm.....maybe thats the problem?????LOL........I use IO.....never tried anything else.....and it comes in nice large containers too :eek:

shel

Thanks all! I forget to mention that I use Instant Ocean, from all the post it sounds like I should stay with it. Like I said I never had a problem with it. I guess I just need to find a store that carries the buckets instead of the bags.
I was really thinking Morten's was the way to go. LOL! Good one.
Shel :rolleyes:

D

dburkinshaw

I guess I'm in the minority. I use Coral Reef Red Sea Salt. I bought a 41.8 LB box which makes 150 gallons. It cost 39.99 at *****. (not an endorsement ;) ) I like it since it dissolves pretty well when I mix it.
Plus I found that it's a heck of a lot cheaper to buy it in bulk.
(ie Small box to make 150 gallons = 59.94; Med box to make 150 gallons = 50.97; Big box to make 150 gallons = 39.99) Hope this helps.