brands of lights

nikkoli110

I use coralife aqualights, I researched them alot before I bought them, and they were highly recomended on here. I recomend them!

thered

Helios lights are garbage. 1st ones lasted 10 months, then I had to ship my ballast to them and didn't have light for 3 weeks. Now ballast is up in smoke again and they said they would call me back but they never did. Looking for lights right now.

W

weeder

i found a current usa satellite pc 48", 4x65w, with 2 lunar lights for $195 on the internet. wondering if this is a good buy.

steveoutla

That's an awesome deal. Hey Nikkoli - I just bought the Aqualights with the lunar lights installed. How have yours been? Did you use the legs or attach to a canopy? Did you put a glass top between your lights and the water or just leave it open?
Thanks.

W

weeder

hey thered
since they don't sell lights on here the site is marineandreef.com. the 36" lights are $168. if they sensor this i will email you.

dacia

I highly recommend the Current USA lights, however, I prefer the orbit to the satellite. The orbit fixtures have higher quality actinic lights than the satellites, and they also come with the docking mounts whereas they are sold seperately for satellites. The satellite fixtures are great, don't get me wrong, I would just recommend getting actinic 03 lights and docking mounts with your purchase.

W

weeder

the site i found is offering the mounts for free, for a limited time only.

steveoutla

I just got my Coralife 4x65 with the lunar lights and it is awesome. The fans don't make any noise at all and there are 3 seperate power cords and switches for daylight, actinic, and lunar.

dacia

I have an orbit that has 2 lunar lights and fans with three cords and switches for the actinics, whites, and lunars.

steveoutla

Dacia - I tried e-mailing you about another post but it keeps coming back. I'm interested in the hood you're trying to sell.

dacia

The fixture I am trying to sell is not the one described above in this thread. It is a CustomSeaLife fixture that is 1x65W. It includes a 50/50 white/actinic bulb...it's 24" long and I have kept mushrooms, star polyps, and zoos very successfully with it. Ignore the email address given at this site if you want to contact me (this website doesn't allow hotmail accounts to register, but that is the one that I use since I have so much trouble with my other account). You can email me at mrs_obi_wan@hotmail.com if you are interested.