brands on wet /dry

newfishliny

I would like to know your choice on good quality wet/dry , not the bio rocker others. is there one that i could put in my sump and not use there sump. useing a 30 gal tank for a sump so is there a company that makes a insert of a wet /dry ( useing bio balls)
this is for the people who belive in wet/drys
thanks

viper12775

i have a sealife systems wet/dry and i like it or did its a sump now and i think kent and oceanic both make a wet/dry that you can add to a sump

wamp

Or, you can build your own!
Take 2 pieces of acrylic from lowes. put one laying down in the tank about 4" from the bottom and silicone it in place. Make sure it is a tigh fit! this will help hold it in place. Drill a bunch of holes in it. Large holes! and alot of them.
Take another piece of acrylic without holes and but it verticly against the other one reaching the top of the sump. but still about 4"from the bottom.
In other words, build a box in the tank that fits all the way to both sides and the top but 4" from the bottom. Fill it full of Bio-Balls and presto!
you can add antother piece of acrylic a couple inches down from the top with hols drilled in it to disperce the water across the balls. This will also give you room for a filter pad.