Brazillian Flameback Angels

yosemite sam

Sorry about the repost, I put this on the fish board also. Who has a Brazillian Flameback angel? The LFS here got one in that I am thinking about getting. I know that all pygmy angels are potential coral/clam nibblers, but I was wondering if people had experience with these guys. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

grouperhead

I'm wondering the same, my lfs has one that is gorgeous. I'm very interested in seeing how their reef manners are....Bo

barryi

i had one in a 55 reef. It was evil to my firefish but eventually lightened up. The only problem we had with it was that it would eat algae off my clam which would shut the clam up. my lfs sells them all the time for about 60. we got ours for 39. that was when they didnt know much about them.

jonthefb

Mac i had a damn chrub that was fine for 6 months then started eating my green moon coral that was the centerpiece of my tank. needless to say, he was outta there faster than a fat kid in dodgeball!
good luck
jon

jonthefb

no i didnt....hmmm maybe teh evil cherub satan pygmy has some profound spell over my email as well. at least now hes bothering someone elses corals!
p..s. what was it in regards to?
jon