Breeding Clownfish

oceana

yes they all of them. there are around 200 is my guess. a few die every day but that is much expected. over all thigns are going well

oceana

depneds on the place buying them and the seller. but in most cases around 6 months. could be a bit mroe could be a bit less depending on type of clown.
i'm breading more to have somthing to trade and for fun not really to sell. the cost and time involoved makes selling clowns rather non proffitable IMO unless your doing it large scale.

smoney

Hey, is their some book you can get in order to find out what you need for and how to take care for clownfish breeding?

popnfrresh

yeah there is an excellent book i picked up at ***** but i forgot the name of it. It goes in depth of clownfish bredding. when i find name ill post.

J

jda

id be willing to take a few off your hand if yopu have some to give a way !!!

oceana

Originally Posted by jda
id be willing to take a few off your hand if yopu have some to give a way !!!

i have no plans to "GIVE" anything away but i do plan to trade for corals and stuff

smoney

Cool. I have been looking at how to breed them on the net, and basically i just need to know how to raise the rotifers, so i will just wind up getting this clownfish book.

oceana

there really is nothign enw to show you. the oldest clown really look no much different
and the new batch look the same of the picks i already posted

oceana

Originally Posted by neoreef
Glad to hear it! To what do you attribute your high survival rate?

well in the grand scale of things my rate is very poor. i will be happy with atleast a 50 % survival. right now i think i'm about 25%-30%.
each time we do it we have more and more. i pic up our fourth try tomorrow.
1st try did not hatch- our fault bad heater!!
2nd try most hatched all dided but one which we still have and at this point we feel will be our first success. changed heater and became more strict about paying attention to the fry
3rd try many are still alive going on day 5. very strict attention and high food concentration. making sure the rotifers ahve enough time to eat alot of FREASH phyto culture to assure they are as healthy as possible for the fry
the biggest key is the keep the food population HIGH.
keep the tank clean.
and KEEP IT STABLE!!
we change about 1 gallon of the water everyday and then take a break. the days when we are expecting the morph we do a 2 gallon change so that we dont have to do it again for a few days so that we dont add any more stress to the tank

smoney

Probably a really stupid question to ask, but what do you do with them?? sel them to like local fish stores or people in general or what?

oceana

I offer them up to the all mighty Reef God as part of a ceremonial sacrifice.

My wife and I are both high priest in the cult so we are in charge of there upbringing until they are old enough to be brought to the alter. :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

Ok sorry that’s enough of that. I plan to trade them to people for things like corals and or goods. Just another way to help cut the cost of this hobby.