Breeding clowns advice, please!

reeffreak9

Hello all! I have recently moved my two Percs from my DT to thier own setup. I am hoping to help them along with the breeding process. What should I know, and what can I do to help? Any advice will be greatly apreciated!

palndrm12

I would check out Clownfishes by Joyce D. Wilkerson. It would be a good start and could answer lots of questions. You may also try to research posts by Bang Guy I believe he is the breeding expert here.

reeffreak9

Thanks alot palndrm12. The thread answers alot. I am a bit confused, though. :thinking: Can I buy phytoplankton. And if I do, will I still need rotifers? I am confused to what exactly green water is. This may be a dumb question, but here goes. I was hoping I could just buy everything I would need to feed the fry. Or is culturing your own food the only way or better? I would be willing to culture my own, but it seems so complicated to me. I would'nt even consider it if it were'nt for all the knowledgable people on this site!

reeffreak9

Thanks alot palndrm12. The thread answers alot. I am a bit confused, though. :thinking: Can I buy phytoplankton. And if I do, will I still need rotifers? I am confused to what exactly green water is. This may be a dumb question, but here goes. I was hoping I could just buy everything I would need to feed the fry. Or is culturing your own food the only way or better? I would be willing to culture my own, but it seems so complicated to me. I would'nt even consider it if it were'nt for all the knowledgable people on this site!