breeding seahorses need info please

jaodissa

1. I think 1 teaspoon of eggs is a ton how many horses were you wanting to feed?
2. yes they need a light to hatch
3. I wouldn't put more eggs in the same hatchery then they would all be hatching at different times. make a few hatchery's if you need more batches at once.
4. Why didn't you decap the eggs?

dee77

well how do you decap the eggs the way i was going to do it was siphon when the eggs are at the top and use a flash light to the bottom

jaodissa

you can do that but there are mret advantages to decapping the eggs. No shells and they have been bleached so any hydroids or parasite have a less likely chance of being present. Theres a few youtube vidoes on how to decap brine shrimp eggs. You need to bleach them rinse them with a dechlorinater and store them in saltwater all in a specific time period. Personally I ditched shelled eggs and purchased already decaped ones. They were the same price online.

reefnutpa

The store you work at should be able to special order them through their fish wholesaler. The wholesaler I work with at my store can get them - yours should be able to as well.
Tom

dee77

so i got a pair of dwafs a week ago and aqualand sent me a prego male and i got 10 out of the and the pair i got are maten right now just a lil update