Bright Blue Fish

iechy

Does anyone have a suggestion of a bright blue fish that is reef safe? I'd like to add something that color but blue tang is out because of tank size and no damsels either for obvious reasons.

shadow678

Pearly headed jawfish, blue assessor, sunrise dottyback, threadfin cardinal, yellowtailed fang blenny(venomous), neon goby. HTH

jenleewoo

Blue Chromis. Of course, these are only bright blue when seen from certain angles. They are lighter from below.

slick

You could try a coral beauty. I know it's not all blue but mine has this bright blue outline that really stands out. That is when I see him.

S

sandy

hmmm my yellow-tail damsel adds a nice splash of blue. I added her after the tank was WELL established so she is not much of a problem behavior wise - the other fish esp. the royal gramma would not put up with it.

iechy

Thanks everyone! I went with the blue chromis and got two today. The coral beauty is out because my wife want a flame angel later and I really like the sunrise dottyback but never have seen one anywhere other than in books. Never heard of that blenny but it sounds interesting. the jawfish is a future addition as well. Thanks for the opinions you guys are always a help.