Brine Shrimp Hatchery

On my sally brine shrimp kit it says now feed the baby brine to ur baby fish. Do i have to raise the brine to be big to feed my clowns and other fish???

S

sebae0

yes, when the brine shrimp hatch they are very small, the clowns will probably eat them though. also its a good idea to feed a big variety of foods because nutritionally speaking brine shrimp isn't that good.

yes i understand that. I am going to soak them in zoe. I also have other food including home made and mysis. Do they sell live mysis or mysis kits???

foulbrew

Raising Brine Shrimp to maturity takes a rather elaborate set-up, IMO far too much work for the minimal nutritional value.

this is dissapointing....so now i have a brine hatchery that can only hatch small ones that r 2 small for fish to eat.great there goes money down the drain:(

overanalyzer

Originally posted by thefishfreak03
this is dissapointing....so now i have a brine hatchery that can only hatch small ones that r 2 small for fish to eat.great there goes money down the drain:(

Your clowsn will most likely eat hte smaller ones .... they are raised to hunt rotifers (much much smaller than baby brine) so they would be able to track and hunt the baby brine!