bristle worms !!!

poniegirl

SHawk, just curious, what did they prey on? And do your six line and your coral banded eat the larger ones? I'm told that arrow and decorator crabs also eat them, but have been advised that those particular "cures" come with their own set of issues.
MarkD, I wonder since your tank has no fish, if the bristle worms will be kept at bay with the addition of even one fish just due to competition for food? Possible?
Too bad about the camera.

mark_d

i think so.. unfortunately, I cant get a fish till the effects of my feather duster's death are over... i probably should do water change rather than just wait.. ammonia is back to zero but trites arent <__<

2fishee

Ok, I've got to show you guys our bristle worms....we are "bristle worm hunters". Now these that I'm showing you are in our refuge and we have alot more in our tank although when they get his big we trap them:). Our kids love hunting for bristle worms... our "cheap entertainment" for the summer.

poniegirl

OH MY STARS!
That is amazing. Are they detrimental, or do you hunt for the principal of the thing? Those are bold worms, aren't they?

indymatt

These things are the reason for wearing gloves in the tank. They will sting you or bristle you or whatever they do. I have heard it is painful.
I don't think they are that bad unless they get huge, such as the 14" and 24" ones mentioned.