Bristle Worms

justlooking

I have a bunch of very small thin redish/pink worms. Have had them a long time but now I see 3 very big pink worms. 10x the width of the small ones and like 3x the length. 7-8 inches long. Are they bad? Should I get rid of the big ones? What do I do once I catch them if I don't want to kill them but want them out of my tank.

pegasus

Watch this video to determine which type of worms you have. If they are fireworms (first worm in video), you'll want to get rid of them. If they're common bristleworms (second, smaller worms), they are beneficial to your tank.

justlooking

They are fireworms. Have 4-5 of them. 2 that are really long. Like 14inches. I do not have corals, are they still bad?

pegasus

1guydude

Lionfish lair had a great hitchhikers guide ; )
Imo a good critter. Very quick on the gun though. Member of the Cuc that will finish off anything dying...
D

pegasus

There are bristle worms... and there are fireworms. Bristleworms = good. Fireworms = not so good. I have a ton of bristleworms in my tanks, and yes... they are an excellent addition to the CuC. If I ever find a fireworm in my tank, I'm breaking out the shotgun! Seriously...