Bristleworm eating anemone!

sawsman

thought I'd share this story:
The other night I was watching my tank from across the room. As I was watching my Clarkii clownfish was poking into the LR quite oddly. As I stood up and was walking toward the tank I noticed the clown had pulled a HUGE bristleworm (~4" long) from the rock and had it in his mouth! the clown then swam to one of my RBTA's and spat it! The anemome accepted it no problem and has been fine for several days now. Never really thought about it before but I never would have thought that an anemone would eat a bristleworm, ya know.. bristles and all. Im now a believer.
Just when you think you've seen it all......

-sawsman

zanoshanox

Did it hurt the anemone? Lol, ive always heard that they can kill corals and inverts...sounds like your anemone got IT...lol

fishieness

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
Did it hurt the anemone? Lol, ive always heard that they can kill corals and inverts...sounds like your anemone got IT...lol
nope. they will eat dead and dieing tissue, but not a living animal. a hobbiest just blams the death of their prized anenome or coral or clam or wahtever on a bristle worm.

sawsman

My anomone's doing fine! I wish I had a video also. Dont you ever wonder what we're missing when we dont watch our tanks?

-sawsman

fishieness

Originally Posted by sawsman
My anomone's doing fine! I wish I had a video also. Dont you ever wonder what we're missing when we dont watch our tanks?

-sawsman
when dont you watch your tank? ***) lol